Ever wondered what a writing retreat is all about and whether it would benefit you? There are at least 10 reasons why writing retreats are invaluable. You’ll find them in my article (FREE to read on this link) for Writing.ie, the magazine for writers and readers.
Click HERE for the full article (a 5-minute read) to find out:
- what writing retreats consist of
- at what stage they’re helpful
- whether they’re expensive
- the top 10 reasons why they enable significant leaps forward.
Below is a super-brief summary of the ten reasons:
- Allow yourself time and space for you and your writing, away from daily responsibilities
- Stimulate inspiration and creativity
- Hone your craft with workshops and discussions
- Productivity: let full immersion boost the quantity and quality of your stories
- Feel supported and make friends
- Let quality feedback highlight your strengths and enable you to overcome weaknesses, in a supportive atmosphere
- Learn from each other’s work and experiences
- Gain motivation and confidence
- Re-energise: through workshops, social occasions and time on your own, all in idyllic surroundings
- Meet writing buddies and mentors.
I hope you’ve found this post helpful (and the full article even more). My next writing retreat takes place in Switzerland from 9 to 15 October 2022: clicking here will take you to details of it and future writing events.
I’ve been teaching creative writing since 2013 to a variety of audiences: from secondary-school pupils to university BA and MA students and from Adult Education classes to individuals. I’m a novelist and the Literary Programme Director of the Hampstead Arts Festival in London.
Images of Writing.ie website reproduced with kind permission.